Expedited Adverse Event Reportability Assessment Chart
Based on the European Medicines Agency (EMA) definition, “Any untoward medical occurrence in a patient or clinical trial subject administered a medicinal product and which does not necessarily have a causal relationship with this treatment. An adverse event can therefore be any favorable and unintended sign, symptom, or disease temporally associated with the use of a medicinal product, whether or not considered related to the medicinal product. EMA divides adverse event (AE) reports into solicited and unsolicited (depending on their source). The critical fact is that you need to clearly understand when to expedite the AE reporting in trials you are conducting.
Using this flow chart (Expedited Adverse Event Reportability Assessment Chart), you will learn how to follow the thought process for decisions on the following:
- Whether an adverse event is subject to expedited reporting
List of Charts in This Job Aid
- Chart 1: Assessing Expedited Reportability of Adverse Events
Please note that in this Expedited Adverse Event Reportability Assessment Chart
- It simply suggests the general thought process you need to follow based on the EMA regulations for reporting AES. The full text of applicable regulatory provisions should be considered in making final decisions on what AEs should be written in your specific cases depending on the study, protocol, the country where the study is being conducted, and the regulatory body in charge.
- Does not address specific requirements imposed by specific organizations, such as the Food and Drug Administration, National Institutes of Health, other sponsors, or state or local governments based on your specific product or specific inclusion or exclusion criteria.
Who Can Benefit From This Expedited Adverse Event Reportability Assessment Chart
- The contents will assist the following groups in the process of recognizing the adverse events that you should report:
- Drug Safety Team
- Sponsor’s Project Team
- Medical Monitors
- Clinical Research associates
- ID: 1321
- SKU: JA-0002-RC
- Type: Job Aid
- Format: Downloadable PDF File
- Date of Last Update: Feb 15, 2017
- Price: $20.00
- Firstly, upon Check out, check your basket to make sure you have the right products for your need.
- Secondly, fill out the billing information and enter the Coupon Code if you have one.
- Thirdly, press “Proceed to PayPal” to pay for your selected products in the basket.
- Then, you will be directed to PayPal for payment, where you can pay with credit (Visa, Master Card, American Express, and Discover) or debit card (You do not need a PayPal account).
- At this point, you will be redirected back to the website.
- Finally, the link to download the PDF version of the document will be sent to you in the e-mail you will receive upon your registration and payment.
- Also, provide your feedback to us to improve our products at Easy Global Training.
Also, browse our collaborator’s site (Neometrix Consulting Inc.).