Dr. Afsaneh Motamed Khorasani is a Medical and scientific Affairs expert and a Senior Scientist with a strong background in biomedical science and clinical trial/research. She has a tenured and diverse range of experience in medical affairs, basic and industrial clinical research and development, clinical trials, Medical and regulatory writing and intellectual property. She is currently the Vice President of Medical Affairs at Easy Global Training, which is a US-based firm providing global regulatory, quality and medical affairs training backed by consulting.
Before joining this company, Dr. Motamed Khorasani has served as an independent consultant, director of medical affairs, senior medical sciences liaison, senior scientist and senior medical analyst at Merck (MDS), Johnson & Johnson, United States Pharmacopeia Convention (USP), Amgen, Baxter International, Covidien (eV3), Radient Pharmaceuticals, AMDL Diagnostics, Microbix Biosystems, Neometrix Consulting, Mount Sinai Hospital, Princess Margaret Hospital, and Vancouver General Hospital.
She has more than 20 years of experience and many National and international certificates in GLP, GMP, ICH-GCP and global regulatory compliance for clinical trials and is a member in a number of professional associations, including: American Association of Cancer Research (AACR), American Medical Writers Association (AMWA), Regulatory Affairs Professional Society (RAPS), American Society of Quality (ASQ), Project Management Institute (PMI), and Intellectual Property Institute of Canada (IPIC).
Dr. Motamed Khorasani’s research has focused on high throughput approaches in the context of cancer informatics with a particular interest in the use of comparative analysis for the mining of integrated oncology datasets that include protein-protein interaction and gene expression profiling. She has published and presented more than 50 papers, abstracts and articles in highly regarded scientific journals and high profile conferences and scientific meetings.
The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) mandates in standard 1910.1200(g)(8) that all chemical manufacturers, distributors, importers, and employers must provide access to an SDS for each hazardous chemical to communicate potential risks to all ensuing users. The SDS can be in any format, such as a hard paper copy or an electronic version, so long as employees have unbarred access to the information. It is the responsibility of employers to ensure that proper training is given to employees to fulfil OSHA’s requirement on familiarizing with the hazards and precautions of the chemicals individuals are handling. The US OSHA has now fully implemented the United Nations’ Globally Harmonized System of Classification & Labels (GHS) into its Hazard Communication standard (HazCom 2012).
This eBook provides a simple step-by-step approach to recognizing and reading elements of Safety Data Sheets (SDS), formerly known as a Material Safety Data Sheets, or MSDS.
By reading / following this Safety Data Sheet e-Book, you will be able to:
- Understand the rules and regulations about SDS
- Understand how the information communicated via an SDS plays a vital role in preventing injuries / mitigating risk
- Learn how to determine if you need SDS for your product
- Determine what kind of content to include in the SDS to be compliant with HazCom 2012
- Determine what headings to use in an SDS to be compliant with HazCom 2012
- Follow a step-by-step guide to draft a compliant SDS
- Observe and use an example of a compliant SDS to fully comprehend the materials discussed in the e-Book.
- Learn Dos and Don’ts for SDS Authoring
Who Can Benefit From This Safety Data Sheet e-Book
- Chemists and pharmacists
- Hospital and research technicians / scientists
- Workers exposed to hazardous chemicals
- Employers who use chemicals
- Chemical / clinical Lab managers
- Company management
- ID: 1891
- SKU: EB-0003-MQ
- Type: e-Book
- Format: Downloadable PDF File & (.pdf, .epub)
- Date of Last Update: Jul 28, 2018
- Length: 29 Pages (including the Template)
- Course Level: Moderate/Advance
- Price: $50.00
- Upon Check out, check your basket to make sure you have the right products for your need.
- Fill out the billing information and enter Coupon Code if you have one.
- Press “Proceed to PayPal” to pay for your selected products in the basket.
- You will be directed to PayPal for payment, where you can pay with a credit (Visa, Master Card, American Express, and Discover) or debit card (You do not need a PayPal account).
- After purchase, you will be redirected back to the website.
- The link to download the PDF version of the document will be sent to you in the e-mail you will receive upon your registration and payment.