Dr. Farah Farahati received her Ph.D. in applied microeconomics from Northern Illinois University in 2001 and did her post-doctoral training in health economics at McMaster University in 2005. she has been teaching health economics and research methods to the Master of Public Health students at the University of Maryland, since 2014. At the same time, as a senior health economist contractor, working on short-term projects with the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and Merck & Co., Inc.
A very important part in public health services research is to know how to formulate an answerable question. This e-book “PICO Question in Evidence Based Research” focuses on how to formulate a proper question that can be answered in the area of public health services research.
In this “PICO Question in Evidence Based Research” e-Book, you learn about
- Definition, purpose, and importance of PICO(ST)
- Three real-life examples of PICO(ST) application:
- Pneumococcal conjugate vaccines (PVCs)
- Atypical antipsychotics (APPs) for patients with schizophrenia
- A case study of NexoBrid, MediWound’s flagship innovative drug, indicated for the removal of eschar in adults with deep partial- and full-thickness thermal burns, a process also known as debriment
- How to calculate the projected spillover effects
Who Can Benefit From This “PICO Question in Evidence Based Research” e-Book
- Public health researchers
- Public health students (MSc, PhD)
- Health economics researchers & students
- Pharmacoeconomics researchers & students
- Health technology assessment researchers &students
- Social health economics
- Behavioral economics
- Public Health Policy makers
- Outcome researchers
- ID: 1905
- SKU: EB-0010-HEOR
- Type: e-Book
- Format: Downloadable PDF File (.pdf)
- Date of Last Update: Sep 20, 2018
- Length: 16 Pages
- Course Level: Moderate/Advance
- Price: $20.00
- Upon Check out, check your basket to make sure you have the right products for your need.
- Fill out the billing information and enter Coupon Code if you have one.
- Press “Proceed to PayPal” to pay for your selected products in the basket.
- You will be directed to PayPal for payment, where you can pay with a credit (Visa, Master Card, American Express, and Discover) or debit card (You do not need a PayPal account).
- After purchase, you will be redirected back to the website.
- The link to download the PDF version of the document will be sent to you in the e-mail you will receive upon your registration and payment.